Monday, October 19, 2015

Monday Mayhem

I'm sooo sleepy. How is it that the weekend always goes by so fast? Good thing coffee and I are besties. ;)

So. Today is the day. Spirit week begins! 

Even though I work as a middle school teacher, we still do spirit week. We have to co-op with another school to do sports, so I really feel like spirit week is more important-- it's hard to get our kids excited about stuff. Regardless...

Today is Favorite Book Character Day. Here's mine:
 Professor Minerva McGonagall

She's wonderful. And hardcore. I only wish my students thought I was half as awesome as she is!!

"We teachers are quite good at magic."

If you've never read the Harry Potter Series, you totally should. She's the best. 

This is actually the second year that I've been a HP character during spirit week. Last year we had a "magical powers day" where I dressed as Dobby the House Elf (I'm middle front here).


For those wondering, I totally made my own cloak. Without a pattern. Super, super easy (and cheap). 


My hat is just a cheap one I got for $1 and then hot glued the feathery stuff and button on. [My students seem to think that my hat should just stay here all year. I may leave it. :)]



I threw on a maxi skirt, turtle neck, and called it a day!


We also have a door decorating competition with our homerooms, but I took it a little more extreme this year... :)



Tomorrow: Tacky Tourist Tuesday. AKA Hawaiian shirts & fanny packs galore!

Hope you're ready for all the silliness!

[Also- is it cheating to use this to link up to Andrea at Momfessionals? I mean, they're costumes? I'll have these all week, btw. And then our family costumes next Monday. #crazyladylikesdressingup #butreally ]

2 comments:

  1. How amazing is that McGonagall costume? My kids were debating going for a Harry Potter theme this year, but ended up going for an undead thing. LOVE your costume!
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! My daughter is still trying to decide between Hermione or Olivia the pig; you cant beat literary characters!

    ReplyDelete