Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday Favorites! :)

TGIF has never been more true! Well, maybe... but still. I love Fridays!
Today is the end of the first quarter of school- how did that happen? I might've depressed some of my 8th graders a few days ago by mentioning that we are 1/4 of the way done with their last year at our school. Believe it or not, I'm gonna miss them. Sometimes. ;)

Anyway- on to my Friday Favorites!!

1. Since it's the end of the quarter, I'm sharing this. My Brag Board. Anytime a student earns full credit (AKA 100%), they earn 10 House Points (remember? Harry Potter room where they work together towards an end of the year party with their house?) and get their assignment hung up! This has been a great motivator for some of the students, and I love knowing that these are all 100%! Plus, there's several layers of papers there, so I do feel like I've taught them something so far this year! ;)

2. This mug. It cracks me up & it's huge! (My fist is next to it just to show how big it is!)


3. Bible Study this week was all about being encouraging and remembering to build one another up in love (Check Galatians 5:13). I've had this idea on the back burner for a few years, mostly because I didn't know how everyone I work with would react to it. I finally sucked it up this week and just went for it. I covered the bathroom door in our Teacher's Lounge with white paper & hung up a few signs (& have since added some markers) so that we can leave one another encouraging quotes and messages. Listen, teaching is tough. Really tough. Like, go-home-crying-and-not-knowing-how-to-reach-all-the-kids tough. Here's a way for us to help each other out. I'll let you know how it goes! :)


4. Pictures like this. Monster & I went to volleyball senior night last night at our high school. He skipped sitting with me so that he could hang out with some of our college kiddos that were home on break. I love knowing how much these guys have poured into my kiddos, and that I know I can trust them. So much love.


Also, this picture of Monster from last night. Kills me. He was using his "binocwuwers" to watch the volleyball game because we were sitting up in the top of the stands. 


5. Last, but not least, this weather! I am such a huge fan of getting to wear lots of layers and hoodies! (AKA I wore a hoodie and jeans to work today plus a messy bun. Another reason Fridays in the fall are my fav!)

Have a great weekend everyone!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Loving the idea where you cover the door with white paper and leave encouraging notes for one another. That's awesome. :) Stopping by from Friday Favorites. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete