Thursday, October 1, 2015

Lasagna Soup

Linking up with Recipe Club with Andrea. ;)

I love me some lasagna. I loathe how long it takes too cook, though! Enter: Lasagna Soup!

 What you need:
-water
-spaghetti sauce
-diced tomatoes
-fresh spinach
-meat (I use turkey sausage)
-lasagna noodles
-cheeses

First things first: brown your meat. I do mine in the soup pot, and don't drain it- mine is turkey sausage though, so there isn't as much to drain off as there is with other ground meats. I also add chipotle (just a touch), lots of garlic, salt, pepper, and some basil leaves to mine for extra.

Add in your spaghetti sauce and tomatoes. I used like 1/4 can from the far left sauce because it was leftover... do whatever you have on hand though. I also add a can full of water, because it makes more of a soup consistency. 

Throw in a few handfuls of spinach and half a box of broken lasagna noodles. 



Let it boil for about 15 minutes, and serve!
I always add cottage cheese and mozzarella to my bowls once it's served, but that's what we like in our lasagna. You can add whatever works for your family!


This usually makes enough for all four of us, plus enough for another meal of leftovers (I usually take it for lunch the next day and the boys also eat on it for lunch). Like most soups, I almost like it more the second day!

1 comment: